Friday, February 19, 2010

El Salvador December 18, 2009

My sister McKenzie has been serving a mission in El Salvador and returned home on Dec 8. We couldn’t be at the airport when she arrived, which made me quite sad, but it was my choice to go for Christmas instead. Anyway, Mikiya got out of school for Christmas break on the 18th and we picked up Mikiya from school and was on our way. As soon as we left Mikiya starts cheering, “Yeah! No more school, it’s Christmas Break!!!” I found this especially amusing because she loves school. I guess everyone needs a break once in a while. She thought it sad that Grandma still had to go to school for a couple days. The kids both had naps in the car, which always makes the ride easier. As soon as Mikiya wakes up and often again until we get there, she starts asking if we’re to the trees yet. (The trees that line my parents’ road) She is just too excited to get to Grandma and Grandpa’s and to see Aunt McKenzie!

We made good time and were able to sneak in before anyone realized we were there. It was so fun to see everyone! McKenzie was also so excited, and terrible me, I got caught up in all the fun that I didn’t take any pictures. We got to see all the cool things Kenz brought back with her, and she surprised the kids with fun presents. She gave them each a cute little backpack and inside was an El Salvador soccer jersey. Quaid didn’t want to take either off. She also brought all the little girls dresses, including Twinkle Little Star (she got a jersey as well) and they are just so cute. Then they spent a while with Grandpa and McKenzie putting together a puzzle of El Salvador.


No comments:

Post a Comment